Most readers already know my "day job" is with America's Test Kitchen. I'm excited to announce we're hiring a DAM specialist. Check out the full posting here, spread the word, and apply!
DIGITAL ASSET MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
America’s Test Kitchen is seeking a Digital Asset Management Specialist to join the Production Department. Digital Asset Management (DAM) and Cross Media Publishing are two core and growing areas of this fast paced interdisciplinary department. The Digital Asset Management Specialist will report to the Manager of Workflow & Digital Asset Management and assist in the day-to-day operations supporting DAM and related initiatives.
This position is a key support in maintaining the established areas of DAM and workflow development while at the same time advancing these competencies to other areas of the enterprise. You will work closely with members of virtually every department understanding needs, building relationships, and educating end users.
ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS OF POSITION
- Assist the Workflow and Asset Manager with daily operation of the Digital Asset Management
- Stay current on DAM trends, technologies, and standards to become another subject matter expert resource for DAM
- Assign/edit/normalize appropriate metadata to assets in the system
- Establish new metadata standards and values as required
- Maintain usage rights metadata, including validating accuracy
- Develop visual workflows, data flows, process and business requirements
- Support on-going DAM user interface optimization/enhancements according to best practices & user feedback
- Assist with documenting processes and procedures
- Educate, train and promote the use of the DAM and other online information systems
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Self-starting, self-directed team player who can multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to follow through and meet critical milestones/deadlines
- High degree of competence in Mac, Linux and PC desktop OSes
- Knowledge of, and practical application of, Mac desktop scripting (AppleScript)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software
- Competency with standard business software and technologies such as e-mail, Word, Excel, Access and/or FileMaker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of technical and non-technical personnel
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to accept responsibility and display motivation to complete tasks in a timely manner while working both independently and as part of a team
- Flexible and able to adapt to change on a regular basis
PREFERRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Familiarity with Mac OS X & Linux servers
- Comfortable working on remote machines via Terminal / CLI; Remote Desktop
- Understanding of XML & XSLT as it relates to DAM, CMS, ECM
- Understanding of Taxonomy development; Controlled Vocabularies; Ontology
- In-depth knowledge of the Adobe XMP Specification, IPTC, Dublin Core
- Understanding of Digital Publishing Workflows
- Understanding of Color Theory
- Working knowledge of digital color management techniques
- Working knowledge of RIPs and Proofing Devices
- ePub3, Mobi/KF8, OpenEFT
- Adobe Digital Publishing Suite (DPS)
- Basic understanding of relational database management systems (RDBMS)
- Likes to bring order to chaos
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS in Library Science, Information Science, Graphic Arts or business-equivalent combination of training and experience
- 2+ years experience working with metadata, taxonomies, controlled vocabularies
- 2+ years experience with DAM systems (Canto Cumulus a plus)
- Prior experience with CMS, ECM, MAM, or Document Management systems a plus
Candidates should be able to thoughtfully answer questions like the ones below as part of the application process:
- Have you worked with a Digital Asset Management System? Where? How long?
- How much experience do you have creating Metadata Schema?
- How are DAM and Workflow related and what—if any—are the role(s) of one in the other?
America’s Test Kitchen is conveniently located on the MBTA Green Line in Brookline Village, Massachusetts. They offer a competitive salary and benefits package, health insurance coverage (choice of a Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO or an HMO), Delta Dental, Prudential life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, a generous amount of vacation time, and summer hours from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, salary requirements, and resume via email to DAM.Specialist@americastestkitchen.com with Digital Asset Specialist 02-2014 in the subject line.
OTHER JOBS FROM AMERICA'S TEST KITCHEN
To see this job and any other openings, visit the Job Opportunities on their website.